Jan 6, 2011

Happy New Year

Energy Intention
It didn't take long to notice the energetic flow between the body receiving as well as the body giving TTouch. The key point on the TTouch website states that: "The TTouch is done on the entire body, and each circular TTouch is complete within itself. Therefore it is not necessary to understand anatomy to be successful ...". This stuck with me strongly and powerfully. I had to learn more about why this is.

I began experimenting with an ancient energy balancing technique called Jin Shin Jitsu. This quickly proved too strong a healing energy for dogs. Although handy to have in the "tool box" of techniques, using this high potency technique will most likely not prove necessary in most circumstances. So, I continue to explore. I recalled a book that Linda had recommended at the seminar I took with her last June, "The Intention Experiment" by Lynne McTaggart. I read it voraciously over Christmas break. I began practicing with Intention. Now we're getting somewhere! I began to feel as though I may have opened a Pandora's Box. One must quickly learn to focus this incredible energy. Now I'm deeply entrenched in "Energy Medicine" and exploring this gentle, focus of energy specifically targeted for healing.

Thus far, the dogs (my kind crew & study subjects) have responded very favorably to gentle work along their meridians and chakras. Not only does the animal enjoy the contact, sensation and experience, it also proves highly effective in balancing the energies quickly. Used together with TTouches is gentle yet highly effective. The electrical, neural connection is amazing.

Sheepskins
Jazz test drives the new sheepskin. I'm undecided whether to use sheepskins in TTouch sessions, but I'm leaning heavily that direction. Comfort for me, inviting and comfortable to the creature. I'm just not sure I can sacrifice this one for the work (the hair collection, the cleanability, and it's still so new, etc.). The sheepskin enjoyment test continues.... I doubt I'd use one at the shelter, fear of illness transmission, mostly. I'll see how this one wears and washes before we go there.

Sheepskins make GREAT bed cushions. They are very cushy on elbows, provide a natural oil that is favorable to the skin, allow for air circulation and provide a natural, comforting warmth. Great for older, arthritic, or ailing dogs. They're great for humans, too. Sheepskin on the bed is recommended for Fibromyalgia sufferers so they can sleep more comfortably. I tried the black beauty above and loved it.

Visit "Brushy Mountain Sheepskin & Leather" on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment