Apr 6, 2011

Jazz

My sweet "sister-in-fur". I owe this girl a great deal for who and where I am. She appeared from nowhere five days after I'd watched my Father's fight with cancer end, and she chose me. A month later she was my constant companion as I lay for weeks recovering from a bike accident and a couple of surgeries. She was only a year old when she was diagnosed with her degenerating hip. Such a sweet heart with such a long, lovely life ahead, I had the hip ordered and the surgery scheduled. Fortunately those hips take a long time to arrive because in the mean time I requested we try Adequan to offer her some relief. She carried her leg a lot and the hind quarter was sore to the touch. The Adequan worked like a miracle and the surgery was postponed indefinitely. Knowing and fearing we'd come to this bridge again in her future, Jazz's hip inspired me to do all I could to help her maintain a healthy joint and comfort for as long as possible and as naturally as possible. This eventually led me to TTouch.

It touches my soul to share what TTouch has done for her. Maybe it was her week at the seminar that helped bring it all together for her, but as usual, I feel it was all things. Car riding has had its challenges and she has calmed considerably but lately she has being doing something quite remarkable. She chooses the front seat. There are still things that cause her to tremble, but she knows that if she's in the front seat I can TTouch her and she calms. To read the whole story on Jazz & car rides, visit her blog.

She still "toes out" on that bad hip, suggesting rotation. But it's less, a bit. I do in depth work on her regularly. Her range of motion is very good, her speed and agility as great as ever. Considering how crippled she was when we discovered the ailment, her silliness is a delight to see. She will carry that foot when descending long stairs at a quick pace, but that's it for any favoring.

She seems much more comfortable being in this world. To my utter amazement she trotted calmly beside me right past a stranger in the neighboring yard who watched in wonder. She never even gave him a glance as she calmly trotted on by, her tail high in the air. This is the dog who barked viciously at the neighbors (and any persons over there) in the past.

Best of all she seems much more willing to admit that Nestle is just plain nuts on occasion, rather than joining in as she has been in the habit of doing. She was quiet before the barky boy arrived. She's rediscovering her quiet.

Nestle is beginning to realize he has a quiet side. This is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment