Oct 14, 2010

Dorrie

Beautiful and elegant, Dorrie, is my first "official" case study. She is a warm hearted 5 year old Golden who came from rescue where she was rather traumatized by the entire event, of which she still displays issues stemming from separation and stress. Her symptoms include pacing, panting, eye rolling, excessive barking and leash pulling.

I love this little fur-girl. She willingly warmed up to me right away and easily allowed me to work Ttouches all over her while she melted into deep relaxation.

After a short break while I set up the confidence course, Dorrie walked along with me very willingly while smiling all the while!
Dorrie thinks her way through the "star" (above) and the "ladder" (below). My leads are a bit snug... shudder timing wasn't the greatest. She was able to walk with the leads in neutral most of the time. A big change for her.
After our session, Dorrie was quite the relaxed and contented gal. I hear tell that she has since been sleeping throughout the night rather than waking and pacing as she's done in the past. Everyone is sleeping better!

No comments:

Post a Comment