Jun 21, 2011

Ice Cream & Summer Solstice


In hind sight this was pretty cute. I hope you enjoy it.

There dwells near our very rural dwelling & shop a "Dollar General" store. Steve discovered its conveniences (and surprisingly low prices) while I was out of town for a TTouch training. I had the joy of taking in the conveniences of the "Dollar General" store just the other day..... Summer Solstice.

'Burgers on the grill' was on the menu. All I needed was "everything" except the meat and condiments. I figured for a "basics" sorta store, they were sure to have it. Steve chimed after me, "Get some ice cream?" He's a vanilla kind o' guy.

Ice cream by the carton had only a couple of flavors, none of which were close to vanilla, so I explored other options. I ended up getting a carton of vanilla ice cream sandwiches. That seemed like a reasonable substitution.

After dinner my husband (who voted for ice cream over smores) opened the freezer to find no carton of vanilla ice cream, but a carton of Klondike Bars.

"You got KLONDIKE BARS for me?" he asked/exclaimed in an overwhelmed sort of voice. "I never get Klondike bars for myself, because they're so special!"

"Have two, then." I replied.

Joyous Summer Solstice to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment