Jun 11, 2011

TTouch in East Tennessee

In welcoming a new client, she mentioned something that really resonated with me, “I've been looking for a TTouch person in our area for a long time....”

There's a reason she hasn't found one. There are only 3 in the state of Tennessee (I won't be listed on the TTouch.com website for another month), the other two are out in the Nashville area (middle Tennessee). For the entire East Tennessee region, “I'm it”. Looking farther afield there is 1 practitioner in Georgia, 1 in Kentucky, 4 way out there in central North Carolina (1 does large animal), and 1 in South Carolina (another will be listed later this year). So, “even close” just ain't happening this side of Nashville.

This was a huge factor in my decision to pursue TTouch. It excites me to be able to bring this amazingly powerful work to my area where there is a huge hole in the network of practitioners. I did have concerns for being a “lone ranger” in a new land.... I chose to take the happier, confident path of intuition.

I knew I had to “get my name out there” to be found and pondered over so that I might not be a wall flower hoping to be noticed someday. My motto has been, “it may be too early to charge a fee, but it's never to early to build a name.” I had hoped for something more colorful than, “East Tennessee TTouch”..... but that describes me and that's all I really need. “Tie Died TTouch” just didn't sit well.... sorta sounds painful, or torturous, or something S&Mish. Maybe that's just my dirty mind. Anyway, I never got far beyond E TN TTouch.... it just fits.

I'll never say, “this is the best method!”. That may be “my” experience, but folks who try it develop their own way of describing the work. I may ask (of a chosen training technique), "is it working for you?" Because, if it isn't, TTouch is a really interesting form of work to try and it may just surprise you. It certainly can't hurt, let's put it that way. Both figuratively and literally. TTouch has no association with pain.....except maybe for offering relief from it.

Here's a couple of really great stories for me to share from the cosmos (in other words, I'm not mentioning names):

A man who had acid reflux disease and took medication daily, tried Heart Hugs and found it to be a surprising success. He no longer experiences heart burn, nor takes medication. He does a few Heart Hugs daily.

A young lady was bitten by a wasp and spent 20 minutes doing Tiger TTouch around the site of the sting in which time the swelling, burning, itching effects vanished. This lady usually carries an Epi Pen for such occasion due to her reactivity to stings.

A cat was hit by a car. It was stiff with bleeding coming from the nose and mouth. Most folks would say this creature was D-E-A-D. I would tend to agree with that. TTouches were done on this cat for a considerable amount of time..... 20, 30 minutes? I don't remember, exactly. The cat …... recovered.

Even my own Nestle who was hit by a car at 9 months (I tend to forget this - because such memories with startling imagery - I try to leave alone). He hit the near front wheel and was knocked unconscious followed by spinning under the vehicle.... all wheels missed his body, obviously and THANK GOODNESS!! I collected him up right away and took off for the vet. He was breathing was my only observation at this point. Driving to the vet I stroked his ears. I had no idea at the time how powerful this was. Not only was Nestle conscious upon arrival to the vet, they could find nothing wrong other than a really nasty head thump.

I have since learned how valuable ear work is via TTouch. There are tons of similar stories to Nestle''s and the car-hit cat surrounding the value of ear work.

I love TTouch and what it's done not only in my own life, but those I have the joy of working with as well.

Thank you Linda.

Elvis

My "Uber Hound" at the tender age of 3 months

No comments:

Post a Comment